Diana Busby Proofreading
Is your job complete and as close to turn-in ready as possible? (That is: The body of the transcript, not necessarily the title page/index, particularly if you’re sending a large project in batches.) Shoot me an email to check for availability.
Obviously, that doesn’t mean you can’t have errors, but the more basic mistakes I need to correct, the greater the chance that I’ll miss something, and neither of us wants that! I receive transcripts in PDF (preferred) or ASCII (.txt) format, and return work as a PDF via e-mail. I use iAnnotate to mark corrections in red and yellow.
Proofreading Rates: (transcripts)
- Standard rate: $.40 per page (more than 72 hours turnaround)
- Rush/Expedite rate: $0.60 per page (less than 72 hours turnaround)
- Excessive corrections: additional $.10 per page. (Any transcript that has more than 3/4 of the pages returned with annotations will be charged an additional $.10 per page due to the extra time it takes to complete the job.)
- Printed transcripts and jobs with audio: $1.00 (due to extra time and cost of printing/scanning.)
- Standard turnaround time is 2-3 business days.
- For transcripts longer than 250 pages, please allow more time and/or send it in “chunks” so I can be working on one part while you are working on another. This will help us get the whole job done more quickly overall.
- Agency rates are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- ASK ABOUT OTHER PROOFREADING SERVICES.
- Referral discount: Thank you for referring your colleagues to me! I will give you a $.10 per page discount on your next job (up to 100 pages) when I receive my first paid job from your referral. There is no limit on how many reporters you can refer!
- Super clean transcript: $.10 off per page. If you give me a clean transcript (less than 10 percent of pages have errors) I will reward you with a better rate. The more we work together, the better it is for everyone.
- I send invoices as soon as I am finished with the job when we work together for the first time. Once a regular partnership is established, I send invoices on the last business day of each month for the work completed during that month (Jan 29 – month of JAN). Payment is due within 15 days; after that, late fees may apply. I accept payment via check, PayPal, and credit card.