Diana Busby Proofreading
Proofreading is the final step to completing your written work. You should always let an experienced proofreader check your work before submitting it to your client. It may save you from embarrassment or save your career. I will meticulously read every word to ensure that your work is free of grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
Is your job complete and as close to turn-in ready as possible? (That is: The body of the transcript, not necessarily the title page/index, particularly if you’re sending a large project in batches.) Shoot me an email to check for availability.
Obviously, that doesn’t mean you can’t have errors, but the more basic mistakes I need to correct, the greater the chance that I’ll miss something, and neither of us wants that! I receive transcripts in PDF (preferred) or ASCII (.txt) format, and return work as a PDF via e-mail. I use iAnnotate to mark corrections in red and yellow.
Proofreading Rates: (transcripts)
- Short transcripts of 25 pages and less are a flat rate of $10.00.
- Standard rate: $.40 per page (more than 72 hours turnaround)
- Expedite rate: $0.60 per page (less than 72 hours turnaround but more than 24 hours)
- Rush rate: $.80 per page (less than 24 hours turnaround)
- Excessive corrections: may incur an additional $.10 per page. (Any transcript that has more than 3/4 of the pages returned with annotations will be charged an additional $.10 per page due to the extra time it takes to complete the job.)
- Printed transcripts and jobs with audio: $1.00 (due to extra time and cost of printing/scanning.)
- Standard turnaround time is 2-3 business days.
- For transcripts longer than 250 pages, please allow more time and/or send it in “chunks” so I can be working on one part while you are working on another. This will help us get the whole job done more quickly overall.
- Agency rates are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
- ASK ABOUT OTHER PROOFREADING SERVICES.
- Referral discount: Thank you for referring your colleagues to me! I will give you a 10 percent discount on your next job (limit 100 pages) when I receive my first paid job from your referral. There is no limit on how many reporters you can refer!
- Super Clean Rate: $.10 off per page. If you give me a super clean transcript (less than 20 percent of pages have errors) I will reward you with a better rate. The more we work together, the better it is for everyone.
- I send invoices as soon as I am finished with the job when we work together for the first time. Once a regular partnership is established, I send invoices on the last business day of each month for the work completed during that month (Jan 29 – month of JAN). Payment is due within 15 days; after that, a late fee of 10% will apply for each month that payment is not received. I accept payment via check, PayPal, and credit card. You can make your payments through your WAVE invoice.